Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Runny noses

It's ridiculous, really. After a pretty much solid week of stomach bug, we've careened right into cold season without stopping for breath.  And I even got a flu shot this year.

Both boys' constantly running rivulets of snot are only outmatched by my own. And hubby - still recovering from the last of the belly-bug - knows he's next on the list.

So I went home  early today.

Now, I'm sitting in bed at 4:30 in the afternoon, laptop perched on my knees, and feeling that luxurious, rare moment of home-at-the-same-time-as-the-nanny.

Of course, I do feel like ass... not to wallow or anything, but the cough, fever and clogged ears do not make for a truly enjoyable moment.  

And yet it is these unexpected moments for soliloquy that ensure my life does not dissolve into unchecked anarchy.  These are the times to check the lists (bills, christmas shopping, cancel time warner cable), organize the closets, or mull over the latest impossibles I'm trying to make possible at work. And, when my brain / immune system doesn't allow for much else, these are the times for ... this.

And now they are back, tumbling through the door fresh from the playroom, and we're all going to wipe our noses together.

1 comment:

http://www.zetaonline.com.ar/2013/04/avg-antivirus-gratis-para-tablets.html said...

House was robbed the other night and they took my net book! Thank god iv my black berry :)